Hair Care Tips for Clip-In Hair Extensions!
Clip-in hair extensions have become one of the most preferred accessories when it comes to improving your look; and they can completely overhaul your existing style. With so many options to choose from, these hair extensions definitely are made for anyone! They are easy to use, safe to wear and will offer you a variety of styles to spice up your day. Using Clip-In Extensions Hair extensions are pretty easy to use; providing that you follow a few basic tips. They are safe to wear every day and it’s probably best to remove them when you go to bed.
- Part your hair roughly in line with your eyebrows.
- Tease and comb back the roots where you will be placing the clips.
- Open the clips and secure them to the roots of the hair.
- Repeat until all the extensions have been secured.
As you can see, it’s quite easy to use them and you can use as many extensions as needed. You can even keep more than one pair handy – especially if you have different shades of your natural color that you want to focus on.
Styling Your Hair Extensions
- Always try to use a soft, bristle brush for your hair extensions and use gentle combing motions.
- Use downwards motions only; and work your way up from the ends until you reach the top of the
- head. Brush your hair at least 2 – 3 times per day or more often if you are in a windy area.
- Try to avoid heat from blow dryers as and curling irons much as possible so that you can keep them looking
- perfect for longer. Removing your hair extensions prior to going to bed will help reduce the risk of
Tangling & Unwanted Knots.
- When you go to the gym, try to secure your hair with a ponytail if possible; and when you go
- swimming, take extra care to secure your hair in a swimming cap. Chlorine and saltwater does not play well with hair extensions so be careful! Make sure that you use quality shampoos, conditioners and other styling products to keep your hair looking great.
Curling & Straightening
- It is possible to apply heat to your hair extensions without damaging it; but you still need to take care.
- Heating irons and blow dryers should be used at medium heat to avoid damage, and you can also opt to use a heat protect spray prior to the exposure
- It is also a good idea to use a leave-in conditioner after you have styled your hair, to avoid dryness. Why not keep two sets of extensions one that is straight, and one that is curled? This way you can have the best of both, without exposing your hair to additional stress.
Always remember that human hair is the best option when it comes to extensions. Synthetic hair can be purchased at a significantly lower price, but it won’t be quite as good (quality wise) than 100% human hair. If your budget allows only synthetic hair you can buy it – they are not bad at all.
Remember to ask your stylist for tips and advice if you are not sure about treating your clip-in hair extensions. After all, they know best!